Variable Air Volume Terminals
Related Standard(s) and Documents
This program applies to 50 Hz and 60 Hz Production Model Variable Air Volume Terminals, as defined in Section 1.2, and used in non-residential air distribution systems which provide control of air volume and/or air temperature by one (1) or more of the following means and may include a fan:
- Fixed or adjustable directional vanes;
- Pressure dependent volume dampers or shutoff valves (including air induction nozzles and dampers);
- Pressure compensated volume dampers or shutoff valves (including air induction nozzles and dampers);
- Integral heat exchanger(s);
- On/off fan control; and/or
- Variable speed fan control.
Program Scope Exclusions
This certification program does not apply to non-VAV diffusers, grilles, or registers or to products specifically covered by the AHRI Forced Circulation Air-Cooling and Air-Heating Coils Certification Program or the AHRI Room Fan-Coil Certification Program.
The following certification program ratings are verified by test:
- Primary Airflow, cfm [m3/s];
- Minimum Supply Operating Pressure, in. H2O [kPa];
- Radiated Sound Power Level, dB;
- Discharge Sound Power Level, dB;
- Electrical Power Input, W;
- Power Consumption (optional), W/cfm; and
- Induced or Fan Airflow Rate, cfm [m3/s].