The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection is in the early stages of its rulemaking to adopt vacated portions of SNAP Rules 20 and 21 and to introduce a Refrigerant Management Program for refrigeration equipment with 50 pounds or more of refrigerant as seen in California. AHRI participated in one of MassDEP’s initial stakeholder meetings and provided substantial feedback. MassDEP plans to propose regulations by the end of 2020 to be included in their 2030 Climate Plan.
- Regulating Body: Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Stated Goal: 25% GHG emission reduction by 2020 according to 2020 Clean Energy and Climate Plan
- Legislation: None
- Regulation in effect: Expected in 2020
- Rulemakings in progress:
- Link to regulation.
- Link to supporting document.
- Public hearing on October 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM EDT.
- Comments due to MassDEP by 5:00 PM on November 3, 2020
- Comments submitted