Delaware is in the final stages of its rulemaking to enact vacated portions of EPA’s SNAP Rules 20 and 21, prohibiting certain HFCs in aerosol propellants, chillers, foam, and stationary refrigeration end-uses.
- Regulating Body: Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Stated Goal: 26-28% reduction vs. 2005 by 2025
- Legislation in Effect: DE Legislation to propose regulations for the use and manufacturing of HFCs
- Regulation in Effect: None
- Prohibitions based on use of prohibited substance, including manufacture, sale, lease, rent, or installation
- Rulemakings in Progress: Proposed new HFCs regulation as published in the April 1 Registrar of Regulations.
- Final Regulation in place by summer 2021
- Comments submitted: