On February 18, Representative Tucker (D-050) introduced Maine HP 1505—legislation related to the phase down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) – at the request of Maine Governor Janet Mills. The bill directs the Department of Environmental Protection to promulgate regulations limiting the use of HFCs. Governor Mills announced introduction of the legislation on the same day Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo and Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker launched similar regulatory initiatives to phase down HFCs.
- Regulating Body: Department of Environmental Protection
- Stated Goal: Same as Climate Alliance
- Legislation: Proposed HP 1505
- Regulation in effect: None
- Rulemakings in progress: None