The New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) proposes to create a new 6 NYCRR Part 494, Hydrofluorocarbon Standards and Reporting, that would enact vacated portions of EPA’s SNAP Rules 20 and 21 prohibiting certain HFCs in aerosol propellants, chillers, foam, and stationary refrigeration end-uses.
- Regulating Body: Department of Environmental Conservation
- Stated Goal: 20% reduction vs. by 2030
- Legislation: None
- Regulation in effect:
- 6 NYCRR Part 494, "Hydrofluorocarbon Standards and Reporting
- Timeline: Published on October 14, 2020
- Comments submitted: March 16, 2020 — Comments on NY HFC SNAP Rulemaking