January 4, 2023
AHRI/ Industry News
AHRI to Host Education Sessions at Upcoming AHR Expo
AHRI is proud to co-sponsor the 2024 AHR Expo, which will be held January 22-24 at the McCormick Place Convention Center, in Chicago, Ill. AHRI staff and working groups have organized six different education sessions covering some of the most significant topics in the industry.
A detailed description of each hour-long session is available here, and the schedule and locations are listed below. Click here for the most up-to-date list of education sessions.
Monday, January 22
- 9:00 a.m. in S403A: What You Need to Know – A Closer Look at the Ongoing Implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act Incentives
- 10:30 a.m. in S403A: Thermal Energy Storage: Current Technologies and Innovations
- 11:00 a.m. in S401D: VRF Test Procedure and Efficiency Rating Update
- 3:30 p.m. in S403A: What Manufacturers Can Get Out of It: The Value in Partnering with Voluntary Programs
Tuesday, January 23
- 9:00 a.m. in S401D: What You Need to Know – An Update on the Transition to Low-GWP (or A2L) Refrigerants
- 9:00 a.m. in S404BC: Supporting Healthy Buildings through Humidity Control
- 10:30 a.m. in S401D: Adiabatic Humidification Technologies for Decarbonization
Session Spotlight: Adiabatic Humidification through Humidity Control
To face the environmental challenges of tomorrow, we must begin decarbonizing our buildings today, taking into consideration recent lessons in healthy indoor environments. In this presentation, we will explore how humidification and evaporation technologies intersect with decarbonization strategies, with a particular focus on energy efficiency benefits that can be unlocked with evaporative technologies. The session will examine indoor humidity terminology and theory and traditional applications for humidity control and commonly available technologies, some common decarbonization drivers, and how various humidity control products may assist decarbonization strategies. Rounding out the session will be a detailed discussion of evaporative humidification and cooling technologies, including examples of direct and indirect evaporative cooling applications. Attendees can expect to gain a deeper understanding of:
- Humidity control in buildings
- How decarbonization and humidity control technologies interact
- Approaches for reducing energy usage with evaporative cooling
- Modern evaporative technologies
Contact: Regan Spencer.