Non-Condensable Gas Purge Equipment for Use with Low Pressure Centrifugal Liquid Chillers (PRGE)
Related Standard(s) and Documents
This program applies to Non-Condensable Gas Purge Equipment for Use With Low Pressure Centrifugal Liquid Chillers as defined below, for which published ratings are available, and which can be tested in the Independent third-party laboratory contracted by AHRI (Laboratory).
A device, used with low pressure centrifugal liquid chillers used to separate non-condensable gases from refrigerant and remove them from the refrigeration system. If the purge device contains a secondary separation media, the following types are defined within the standard:
- Automatically Regenerated Media. Media that is recycled at the purge system to remove entrained refrigerant and return this refrigerant to the chiller. The regeneration process is initiated automatically by the purge control system.
- Manually Regenerated Media. Media that is recycled at the purge system to remove entrained refrigerant and return this refrigerant to the chiller. The regeneration process is setup and initiated by an operator.
- Replaceable Media. Media that is removed from the system and replaced with new or recycled media. The media from the system is processed to ensure refrigerant is not released to the atmosphere.
- Concentration, ratio of mass of refrigerant to mass of air, g of refrigerant/g of air
- Refrigerant Holding Capacity where applicable, g