Unit Coolers (UC)
Related Standard(s) and Documents
- AHRI 420 (I-P) and 421 (SI): Performance Rating of Forced-Circulation Free-Delivery Unit Coolers for Refrigeration
- Specification Sheet Verification: Please submit software verification requests by completing this online form. A copy of the output report from the manufacturer’s Selection Rating Software must be submitted in conjunction with this form. All fields must be completed prior to submission. Note that AHRI only verifies the Certified Data shown on each output report. Please allow ten (10) business days for AHRI to conduct verification and respond to your request.
This program applies to Production Models of Unit Coolers, as defined below, and meet the following criteria:
- Use refrigerant R-717 or R-744 for DX and/or liquid overfeed coils;
- Aluminum fin material;
- Single vertical coil;
- Horizontal only air flow direction (the air flows to or from the inlet face of the coil from or to the fan inlet, with no change in direction); and
- Axial fans only.
Forced-Circulation Free-Delivery Unit Coolers for Refrigeration (Unit Coolers): A factory made assembly including means for forced air circulation and elements by which heat is transferred from air to refrigerant without any element external to the cooler imposing air resistance. These may also be referred to as Air Coolers, Cooling Units, Air Units or Evaporators. Unit Coolers utilize a Volatile Refrigerant fed by either direct expansion or liquid overfeed with ratings based on wet and/or dry conditions.
- Rated Power, W or hp; and
- Gross Total Cooling Effect, Btu/h.