AHRI Announces New Officers, Presents Awards
Date Published: November 21, 2019
Arlington, Va. — The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) held its inaugural Leadership Forum November 10-12 in Puerto Rico, during which it elected its new officers and presented awards to industry leaders.
"The dedication of these industry leaders makes it possible for AHRI to continue to be the recognized voice of the industry and a reliable source for information," said AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek. "We are very grateful for their service to AHRI and the HVACR and water heating industry."
AHRI's new Chairman is John Galyen, President, North America, at Danfoss.
The officers and Executive Committee are as follows:
- Vice Chairman: Mike Schwartz, CEO, Daikin Applied
- Vice Chairman: Ron Duncan, President, Magic Aire
- Treasurer: Megan Fellinger, President & CEO, Morrison Products
- Past Chairman: Bill Steel, President & CEO, Bard Manufacturing
Board of Directors:
- Kevin Beckett, President, R. W. Beckett
- Gary Bedard, EVP, President, and COO Worldwide Refrigeration, Lennox
- Mike Branson, President, Rheem Manufacturing Co.
- Bruce Carnevale, President and CEO, Bradford White Corp.
- Elizabeth Haggerty, VP and GM Global Ducted Systems, Johnson Controls
- Chris Nelson, President, Carrier Residential and Commercial Systems
- Brent Schroeder, President Air Conditioning Business, Emerson
- Donny Simmons, President, Commercial HVACR, Ingersoll Rand
- John Swann, President, Weil-McLain
- Kevin Wheeler, President, NA, Europe, and India, A.O. Smith
The Richard C. Schulze Award is given for distinguished service and commitment to AHRI and the industry's goals and objectives. AHRI congratulates:
- Henry "Skip" Ernst, Daikin Applied
- Joe Sanchez, Bitzer U.S.
- Rusty Tharp, Goodman Manufacturing
- Robert Whitwell, Carrier
AHRI presented the Public Service Award to Byron Horak of Intertek.
The Distinguished Service Award is AHRI's highest honor; it recognizes industry leaders who have made significant contributions throughout their careers. AHRI honored Mike Woodford, retiring this year from AHRI after 42 years of service.
Pictures of the Industry Awards presentation at the 2019 AHRI Annual Meeting are online here. Please note that Skip Ernst and Bob Whitwell were unable to receive their awards in person.