AHRI Presents Awards, Names 2023 Leadership
Date Published: November 23, 2022
Arlington, Va. – At its 2022 Leadership Forum in San Antonio, Tex., the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) recognized several HVACR industry leaders for their contributions to the HVACR and water heating industry. Awards were given in three categories: the Richard C. Schulze Award, which recognizes the industry-wide achievements of individuals also pursuing AHRI goals; the AHRI Public Service Award, for deserving individuals or organizations making a significant contribution to the HVACR industry and in furthering AHRI goals; and the AHRI Distinguished Service Award, the association’s highest honor, recognizing industry leaders who have made considerable industry contributions throughout their careers.
Richard C. Schulze Award winners include:
- Kim Osborn, Nortek Global HVAC
- Craig Rushing, Trane Technologies
- Greg Wagner, Morrison Products
- Jim Walters, AHRI
- Dave Winningham, Lennox
Mark Stevens, formerly Executive Vice President of The Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) received the Public Service Award, while Distinguished Service Awards were presented to past AHRI chairmen who have retired: John Gaylen of Danfoss and Mike Schwartz of Daikin Applied Americas.
“It is especially important to recognize the leaders who drive growth and success in the HVACR and water heating industry, as they serve as positive examples for others,” said AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek. “AHRI congratulates this year’s award recipients, and we are very appreciative for their dedication and hard work, which has helped make life better for Americans and people all across the globe.”
The AHRI Nominating Committee also named the association's Board of Directors and officers for 2023:
- Kevin Wheeler, A.O. Smith, Chairman
- Chris Nelson, Carrier, Vice Chairman
- Brent Schroeder, Emerson, Vice Chairman
- Megan Fellinger, Morrison Products, Treasurer
- Ron Duncan, Magic Aire, Immediate Past Chairman
Board of Directors
- Kevin Beckett, R.W. Beckett
- Gary Bedard, Lennox International
- Mike Branson, Rheem Manufacturing Co.
- Bruce Carnevale, Bradford White Corp.
- Doug Schuster, Johnson Controls
- Donny Simmons, Trane Technologies
- John Swann, Weil-McLain
- John Thomas, Water Furnace
- Yogi Uemura, Daikin U.S. Corporation
- Philip Windham, Nortek Global HVAC
Please see the full release with images here.