Heating Industry Sector
AHRI's membership is divided into four broad groups called Industry Sectors, each overseen by a Leadership Council. The Sector scope, membership, and related standards and certification programs are listed below.
Heating Sector Scope
The Heating Sector includes both products and components.
Oil, gas, electric and solid fuel boilers which conform to the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
Appliances intended for commercial or industrial premises: (1) direct gas-fired heaters, (2) indirect gas- and oil-fired heaters, and associated components, (3) unit heaters, and (4) duct furnaces.
Gas-fired direct heating equipment, including vented room heaters, wall furnaces, direct vent wall furnaces, vented decorative appliances, sauna heaters, and floor furnaces.
Devices used in residential, commercial, and industrial applications for any of the following purposes: detection of fuel gases, detection of products of fuel combustion, and analysis of products of fuel combustion.
Factory-made assembly containing the air moving device, compressor, and refrigerant-to-water heat exchanger using ambient air as the heat source. Heat pump pool heaters shall provide function of heating pool/spa water with controlled temperature, but may include functions of cooling water.
Indirect Water Heaters having a volume (potable plus heat source) of 120 gallons or less, for which Published Ratings are available, and are designed for installation with a hot water boiler(s) as the only heat source.
Gas infrared heaters for outdoor use and non-residential indoor use (excluding industrial process burners).
Commercial Finned Tube Radiation equipment and components
Residential vent-free gas-fired heating products and related components and accessories.
Water heating appliances (includes gas, oil, and electric storage and instantaneous water heaters, swimming pool heaters (not including heat pump pool heaters), and heaters used in conjunction with solar water heating systems) and relief valves.
Air and combustion gas-moving devices, consisting of impellers, motors, and associated components, produced for other HVACR manufacturers.
Gas burners, oil burners, and combination gas/oil burners and components thereof for use in residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Factory-designed and prefabricated products used as part of a building’s gas distribution system or to connect gas fired appliances and equipment to the building’s distribution system. These products include corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) systems listed in compliance with ANSI LC 1, Fuel Gas Piping Systems using Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing; gas appliance connectors and quick-disconnect devices. Specifically excluded are products included in other AHRI product scopes.
Controls, including components, and accessories, for use on gas-fired utilization equipment (including, but not limited to, combination gas controls; manual gas valves; gas appliance pressure regulators; automatic gas valves; automatic gas ignition systems; flame sensors, monitors and programmers; gas filters and sediment traps; thermostatic system components; automatic flue and vent dampers; oxygen depletion sensing (ODS) devices, pressure sensors and switches; and line pressure regulators.
Radiant pipe distribution systems; oil burners and components such as: oil primary relays, automatic vent damper and flue damper devices used on boilers, hydronic controls, low water cutoffs, boiler sections, boiler jackets, circulators, hydronic distribution stations, gauges, heat exchangers, pumps, sheet metal parts, tanks, tankless coils, fluid valves, steam and hot water unit heaters, cabinet unit heaters, boiler powered water heaters, and sensors.
Venting systems and related equipment used for the venting of gas and oil burning appliances (includes metallic and plastic gas venting products, and metallic chimney liners).
A.O. Smith Corporation
Advanced Distributor Products
Advanced Thermal Hydronics
AKM Semiconductor, Inc.
Allied Air Enterprises
Allied Engineering Company
American Zettler, Inc.
APCOM, A Division of State Ind.
Ariston Thermo USA LLC
Beckett Air Inc.
Beckett Thermal Solutions
Bekaert Combustion Technology USA
Bock Water Heaters, Inc.
Bosch Thermotechnology Corp
Bradford White Corp.
Built Right Pool Heaters, LLC
C. Cowles & Company
C.I.B. Unigas S.p.A.
Calcana USA Ltd.
Cambridge Air Solutions
Camus Hydronics Ltd.
Combustion Research Corporation
Crown Boiler Co.
DDR Americas Inc.
Dexen Industries, Inc.
ECR International, Inc.
Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions
Empire Comfort Systems
Fasco Industries, Inc.
Field Controls, LLC
Fulton Heating Solutions, Inc.
G&F Manufacturing, Inc.
Gas-Fired Products, Inc.
GE Appliances, a Haier Company
Granby Furnaces Inc.
Greenheck Fan Company
Hays Fluid Controls
Hayward Industries, Inc.
Hearth & Home Technologies
Hose Master, LLC.
Honeywell Performance Materials & Technologies
Hubbell Electric Heater Co.
IBC Technologies Inc.
IPEX USA LLC.
Kane USA, Inc
Kiturami USA Corporation
Laars Heating Systems Company
Lennox International Inc.
Modine Manufacturing Company
Morrison Products, Inc.
New Yorker Boiler Company, Inc.
Nidec Motor Corporation
Nirvana Chauffe Piscine Heat Pump Inc.
Noritz America Corporation
Nortek Global HVAC, LLC
NTI Boilers, Inc.
Parker Boiler Co
Patterson Pump Company
PB Heat, LLC
Pentair Aquatic Systems
Pietro Fiorentini USA
POLIDORO USA Inc.
PVI Industries, LLC
RBI Water Heaters, Division of Mestek, Inc.
Reliance Worldwide Corporation
Rheem Sales Company, Inc.
Riello Corporation of America
Rinnai America Corporation
R. W. Beckett Corporation
S.I.T. Controls USA, Inc.
Smith Cast Iron Boilers
Suntec Industries, Inc.
Superior Radiant Products Inc.
Thermal Solutions Products, LLC
Thermeau Industries Inc.
Triangle Tube Phase III Co. Inc.
U.S. Boiler Company, Inc.
Usines GIANT Factories, Inc.
Valencia Pipe Company
Vaughn Thermal Corporation
Vesta DS, Inc.
Viessmann Manufacturing Company (U.S.) INC.
Ward Manufacturing, LLC
Weil-McLain, a division of The Marley-Wylain Company
Williams Furnace Co.
Zodiac Pool Systems LLC
Standards and Guidelines
- ANSI/AHRI 1500 (2015), Performance Rating of Commercial Space Heating Boilers
- Code of Federal Regulations, 10 CFR Part 430
- Code of Federal Register, 10 CFR Part 430
- International Electrotechnical Commission Technical Committee 72. IEC/TC 72 was initially established to fill the needs for international safety standards for automatic electrical controls for use in household appliances and similar equipment. The scope was recently expanded to include industrial applications. The USNC TAG was established to harmonize U.S. safety philosophies and practices within IEC/TC 72 with those of the European Union and Asia Pacific regions.
- International Organization for Standardization, ISO/TC 161. ISO/TC 161 was established to develop a set of International Standards in the field of control and protective devices for gas and oil burners and appliances using as a bases existing local or regional standards.
Gas Detection and Analysis
- AHRI Standard 1260 (I-P) and AHRI Standard 1261 (SI), Performance Rating of Portable Flue Gas Combustion Analyzers
Heat Pump Pool and Spa Heaters
- ANSI/AHRI 1160 (I-P/2014), Performance Rating of Heat Pump Pool Heaters (with Addendum 1)
- ANSI/AHRI Standard 1161 (SI), Performance Rating of Heat Pump Pool Heaters
Indirect Water Heaters
- GAMA (2003): Indirect-Fired Water Heater Testing Standard
- AHRI 1400: Performance Rating of Indirect Water Heaters – draft in development
- AHRI Standard 1330, Performance Rating for Radiant Output of Gas Fired Infrared Heaters
- AHRI 1410, Testing and Rating Standard for Finned Tube (Commercial) Radiation
- Baseboard Radiation Testing and Rating Standard
- Code of Federal Regulations, 10 CFR Part 431
- AHRI Standard 1300 (I-P)-2013 & ANSI 1301 (SI)-2013, Performance Rating of Commercial Heat Pump Water Heaters